- 01/2017 - 06/2021: PhD Biological Sciences, University of East Anglia
- Sociogenetics and behavioural ecology of the Tree Bumblebee (Bombus hypnorum)
- Supervisors: Professor Andrew Bourke, Dr Martin Taylor & Professor Tracey Chapman
- 10/2015 - 10/2017: MSc (by research) Biological Sciences, University of Bristol
- Ecology, evolution and importance of wasps
- Supervisors: Professor Seirian Sumner & Professor Davide Pisani
- 09/2012 - 06/2015: BSc (Hons) Biological Sciences, University of East Anglia
- 11/2021 - Present: Research Assistant, John Innes Centre
- Breeding Brassica resistance to adult and larval herbivory by the Cabbage Stem Flea Beetle (Psylliodes chrysocephala). PI: Dr Rachel Wells.
- 12/2020 - 11/2021: Research Technician, University of East Anglia
- Thermal adaptation and sexual selection in the Red Flour Beetle (Tribolium castaneum). PI: Professor Matt Gage.
- 10/2017 - 11/2021: Associate Tutor, University of East Anglia
- Seminar- and laboratory-based teaching in evolution, molecular biology, ecology, and statistics.
- 10/2015 - 05/2016: Associate Tutor, University of Bristol
- Laboratory-based teaching in molecular biology and parasitology.
Wyatt, C.D.R., Bentley, M.A., Taylor, D., Favreau, E., Brock, R.E., Taylor, B.A., Bell, E., Leadbeater, E. & Sumner, S. (2023) Social complexity, life-history and lineage influence the molecular basis of caste in a major transition in evolution. Nature Communications, 14 (1), 1046.
Brock, R.E., Cini, A. & Sumner, S. (2021) Ecosystem services provided by aculeate wasps. Biological Reviews, 96 (4), 1645-1675.
Brock, R.E.†, Crowther, L.P.†, Wright, D.J., Carvell, C., Richardson, D.S., Taylor, M.I. & Bourke, A.F.G. (2021) No severe genetic bottleneck in a rapidly range-expanding bumblebee pollinator. Proceedings of the Royal Society B: Biological Sciences, 288 (1944), 20202639. †Equal contribution.